Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The White Queen (The Cousins War #1)

By Philippa Gregory

Ok, I really enjoyed this book!  I really got to know the characters, learning, growing, being disappointed, and the struggles that they had.  I never would have thought that it would be this difficult to become, stay, and be royalty.  I now have to read The Red Queen, just to find out what has happened to the characters that I have come to love.

I found myself not wanting to put this book down.  Even though there is a lot of war in this book, the author has done a great job of telling it, and not being so graphic with it.  I love how they have to keep planning and since they are a new King and Queen, how they have to set up their court. I enjoyed reading that they are regular people, with a title, and how they struggle and have challenges.   

I enjoyed diving into the Medieval era.  This story is based on fact, but does have some fiction mixed in.  Would I recommend this book to read?  It all depends on the person I am talking too. 






No comments:

Post a Comment